Monday, January 17, 2011

You Make My Dreams Come True



Well, it's been a few days. I have to say so far the trip has really been a series of individuals adventures. Here in Brisbane, I'm starting to get into the flow of things. So much so, that I would even say the last 3 days has had a theme, or in this case a song.

We all remember that Hall and Oates song "You Make My Dreams Come True." With 500 Days of Summer, it rose from the ashes of the early 1980s and reminded us of how care-free true love could be. I swear that song has been in my head for days. But trust me in, it isn't my fault.

1) I've been having wacky dreams (means I'm sleeping well) lately. In one dream, I was on a date in the forest. The date began as a wholesome picnic, with a very 1950s feel. The girl was in a lovely dress, I had my hair parted, the birds were chirping. But at random moments, the dream would become an apocalyptic nightmare. Seriously, it became the Mel Gibson movie, 'Apocalypto.' It was gory and it was disgusting, and then very quickly the carnage would stop and the birds would start chirping again, and it was back to the 1950s picnic. So Strange.

2) Hall and Oates has been playing in the Alexander house. Rob and Jeannine ever started to boogie a bit the other day.
Today, I experienced a tropical 'flash-shower." I was gardening, and the rain just came out of nowhere in buckets. The weather patterns here are so unpredictable. Sun-Rain-Thunder-Sun-Thunder. I would never want to be a meteorologist in the city of Brisbane.

I'm really starting to get a sense for the city of Brisbane, as well as getting to know some of the people. Chooksie has some amazing friends here, and I've been kind of adopted into the group. We are going to do some Karaoke on Friday Night to celebrate Chooksie's return. I still cannot believe I haven't seen her in 5 years. That is incredible.

I hope everyone is well.

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated, but beautiful Birthday Jeannine! All of Vancouver salutes your generous spirit, your lovely family and the blessing of your presence in our world. Hope the floods will stop and life will return to a peaceful flow. Hip, Hip, Hooray from your Vancouver fans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. who is the Rainy City Fan Club?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very select group of highly respected individuals who seek out people of distinction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeannine, All the best for your birthday from the eastern shore of the Pacific Rim where it may still be your birthday. Also we think that someone as warm and generous as you should be celebrating a whole birth month.

    ReplyDelete