Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cuz Night


One thing I immediately associate with Sydney television is the practical 24 hour/a day cricket coverage. Traditionally, these matches (or tests) take a number of days, with breaks in the 'action' that are actually called "Lunch Time" and "Tea Time."
However, my cousins Ivanka and Ksenia told me of a league match being played in the Olympic Park (home of the 2000 Sydney Olympics) between New South Wales and Western Australia.

Our plan was fool proof. I would meet the cousins at Circular Quay (essentially a larger Lonsdale Key) and we would transit to the match. We deemed it 'Cuz Night.' It was pretty glorious. Though the weather was initially gorgeous, it was not willing to remain cooperative. Although we ourselves may have been dampened, our spirits were not.

It was a wonderful evening, ending a lovely stay in Sydney. The parallels between Sydney and Vancouver are certainly there, and I found Sydney to be more than familiar. Perhaps what I most admired, was the natural foundation that the entire city plan appeared to be based upon. Parks are very important, and just as in North Vancouver, trees and natural beauty are put in the forefront.

I really want to thank Aras and Chris once again for hosting me so graciously. It was also lovely to meet all of Aras' friendly, welcoming group of friends. I even got to see Hannon before she departed for Canada! It was an exceptional start to a journey full of unknowns.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the olympic-sized greetings from canceled cricket. It is great to see the cousins reunited half-way across the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuz night . . . very cool. Shout out to Mica and K, and Iva (and Ian , who was probably on the cricket fieid I mean pitch at the cricket game, I mean match. Oh it is so hard to talk Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat a fun day! Thank you Mica! It was great to see my sister's in "action"! Great filming and I love how you out in the music. Really entertaining!

    ReplyDelete