Monday, February 21, 2011

A Prediction



Hello everyone in Vancouver. I hope you are all well.

So things are really heating up here in Brisbane. A) It is bloody hot. It was 35 degrees today, with humidity hovering around 80%. That is insanity, I felt like I was living inside of a slurpee. B) I now technically have three jobs:

a) EMC International Schools: I have been hired to be an ESL teacher during the week. It is very cool. I am put in a sound proof room, and I have a computer and a camera facing me. I am speaking directly to children in a South Korean school. I also get to write on a pad, which will electronically be visible in their classroom. What it likes in proximity and intimacy, it makes up for in convenience. It will be a great stepping stone from Australia to actual teaching in South Korea.

b) Bavarian Beer Cafe: Now this, I was not expecting. I have never worked in the hospitality industry before, but I essentially sold myself.

c) ST VIDEOGRAPHY: I also picked up a nice little "side-project" of a job, doing wedding video editing. That will be good for paying for little trips all over Australia. My goal is essentially to earn $1000 a week.

Aside from that, I've been paying attention to the Canucks, streaming games whenever I can. Obviously, I predict great things for this team. Mike Gillis clearly knew something we didn't, when he signed 8 or 9 NHL ready defencemen.

I think there are too many outdoor games in the NHL now. They should take a few years off. Speaking of which, Hockey Night in Canada is actually on Sunday mornings here. Now exactly the same thing.

I'm super excited for the Oscars. I will make my predictions soon and probably have a little party. I feel like the ball is really getting rolling now. I'm firmly settled in, and I wish to formerly welcome Sasha to these fine shores. Mom and Dad, I hope you are well, and a special birthday message to Jenna Welch. You always make me smile.


2 comments:

  1. Good fortune seems to be smiling on you.

    Amazing how the Canucks keep going well despite the injuries on the blueline.

    Regarding the Oscar, of the Best Picture nominee I saw which included King's Speech, the Kids are All Right, The Social Network, and Winters' Bone, I thought Black Swan was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like the old saying, "When it rains it pours" is true in your case. I am glad that you are employed and enjoying the work too. I am curious how you will like the long distance teaching job. It seems a bit odd, especially for the students on the other end.
    I also think that the Black Swan will win best film and best actress. Do you have any idea about the best foreign film? Take care Mica and be good.

    ReplyDelete