Thursday, March 3, 2011

Great Idea


Well well well, how the world can change so quickly. Sorry folks it has been a busy busy week. I have moved into a new house and I have started working full time. I must say, working in the Bavarian Bier Cafe has been a wonderful experience. The people are fun and excitable, the pay is good, and considering I had no previous experience, I figure I am doing well.

I now live in an apartment in an area called Highgate Hill. I live with two Australians, one German, and one American. It is a pleasant place, and everyone is pretty laid back and creative. I couldn't have asked for a more suitable place to come home to.

Everything seems to be going to plan. I have seen Chooksie. I met up with friends of mine who were traveling here as well (Ali/Che oh so soon!) I have two solid jobs and a place to live. I have planned a trip to visit my little brother in Melbourne, and an epic Easter journey to Perth to visit Erin.

In my experience, when things are going this smoothly, something is bound to go wrong. I have an adopted a battle-ready stance, so that I am never blind-sided. I must say, it's nice for things to be going smoothly.

I have been really happy with the way I have kept in touch with people at home. Whether it be my parents, my friends, teachers, whomever, it has been nice to remain connected. I know I seem to have just suddenly left by myself, but I simply needed a journey on my own. I had to prove to myself, perhaps as a prelude to my year of teaching in South Korea, that I can operate my own life, relying on myself. I'm pleased with the results thus far.

I will be more consistent with my updates from this point on. Adios.

5 comments:

  1. I will keep my eyes open for weather the Great Idea catches on in Vancouver. Where did you get such a cool shirt.

    Highgate Hill - perhaps named after Highgate in London in whose cemetery Karl Marx is buried.

    Congrats on all the positive changes. I have a feeling they will just keep on coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo Mica; good to hear that you are settling down and finding your own way in Brisbane. Vancouver is still missing you and last week I saw one of the students from Mr. Torres' class and she sent you a cheery "hello" as did he. We have had quite a crazy time with the weather here. Snow, ice, thunderstorms and in spite of it all, nature is pushing through. My snowdrops shake their perfect white faces defiantly at the bad weather. I am off to see granny over spring break. Keep up the good work, have fun and take excellent care. Ciao bambino!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought that Boy Scout shirt in Kensington Market in Toronto Dad. It has always been one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel another entry coming along soon

    ReplyDelete