Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter



Hello to everyone, from 'chilly' Melbourne!

It was a special Easter this year. We didn't have the glorious feast prepared by my mom, Judy, and Dave. We didn't do our Stanley Park walk to feed the birds and squirrels. However, as I am halfway around the world, it is special to be with Sasha for Easter. We celebrated together in an abandoned college, that was as peaceful as it was beautiful.

I think Sasha and I both would have been rather lonely without our family, so it really worked well for the both of us. Sasha is still plugging away at the piano, enjoying his courses, and enjoying the company of some very nice students (Suya gets a shoutout)



I also managed to meet up with my old friend Pippa. She was kind enough to host me while I was here. I want to thank her, as well as Jess, and her sister Katie. You made me feel right at home.

It is definitely a trip of self-analysis. With Easter and ANZAC day coupled together, it seems an appropriate time to think of the important things. I love my family so much. I am also so amazed with my cousins and aunts and uncles in Toronto, who managed to put so much love to make my grandfather's 90th birthday so special. I've never seen so much love in one house, it blows me away every time I go to Toronto. Also walking home from Newman College (where Sasha lives) I walked past a beautiful cemetery, and I thought of Baba. I think she would have had so much fun at Dido's birthday, and her laughter would have echoed throughout her home on Clendenan St.

Melbourne is a lovely place, even though I have used it inappropriately. Clearly, there is a lot going on here, but all I wanted this weekend was to relax, read, and be with my little brother. I managed to do all of these things, but Melbourne is a city I would like to see more of. But in a way, it is impossible to do that in 4 or 5 days. This is a city that should be lived in.

Happy Easter Everyone. To my family and my loving friends.


5 comments:

  1. Mica and Sasha,

    The "Oleh and Alena" call - it worked.

    Thank you for your very special Easter greeting and for sharing your Easter time with us. IN your absence, Mama and I introduced Judy, Dave, Patty and Roman to the Four Lakes trail at Alice Lake. The walk was magic Cold weather shortened our picnic, but we did continue with a coffee in the Zephyr Cafe in Squamish.

    Thanks for introducing us to the magnificence of Canada Lane, - Seconds and Samples. Truly a magnificent illustration of the eminence held by Canada in Oz. It also seems to me the Reg could use a little more meat on his bones.

    Last night Mama joined me to watch a very good hockey game. Game 6 between the Black Hawks and the Canucks. Too bad that it was a Black Hawk that scored in overtime. Well it sets everything up for Game 7 tomorrow.

    This month we are off to Yellowpoint for our anniversary. Thank you very much again for your Easter greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat--this video is incredible and heart-warming. I love every moment of it and it will always cheer me up if I don't feel good.
    It is wonderful that you were able to spend Easter together and we lucked out to see the mighty Canada Lane (Sure to visit it when I am in Melbourne next) and the gorgeous Newman College. It looks like it is getting cooler and the old brown jacket is still serving you well Sasha. Mica, I love your shots of Sasha; you really have a talent for portraits.
    We are amazingly lucky to have such wonderful sons who have become amazing young men. Enjoy each day because you make it better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice video! Thanks for the message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep coming back to viewing this video. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched this video from Crested Butte, Colorado, a very small town in the Rocky Mountain. I am in the schoolo library. The graduating class has 21 people. It is an amazing setting.

    ReplyDelete